Business continuity and disaster recovery planning are basic requirements for every business and organisation.
Unscheduled downtime can have a massive negative impact on client business. Yet worryingly, many organisations do not have an adequate disaster recovery plan in place that meets their needs.
A serious incident such as a flood, fire, serious IT system malfunction or data security breach could prevent you from continuing normal operations.
Alliance Solutions offers a disaster recovery planning service which is designed to get your business up and running again fast in the event of a major outage caused by an unexpected, catastrophic incident.
Your disaster recovery plan should include:
- A fully up-to-date copy of all your business-critical computing systems so that you can recover business applications, plus company data, client and supplier data and project information.
- Documented processes that must be followed by all staff to get the business up and running again.
- Procedures for maintaining, checking and updating the disaster recovering processes on a regular basis, to ensure that in the event of a disaster the disaster recovery plan will actually work.
How can Alliance Solutions systems help with your disaster recovery planning?
Our disaster recovery planning options help you prepare your people, processes and technology in the event of a major business disruption.
Components of our disaster recovery services include:
- Automatic failover and recovery
- Rapid and continuing availability of critical applications
- Operational continuity in as short a time as possible
- Creation of regular data backups from your head office site and other sites
- Ensuring that data can be restored fast from a single disaster recovery location
We also recommend spreading the network server load of over different servers in different locations for a high availability solution that can more easily withstand an unexpected IT systems failure.
The advent of cloud-based computing since 2010 has seen many organisations shift from a conventional “on-premise” IT model to a “hosted” one or most commonly, a combination of the two – often called a “hybrid solution”.
As a specialist IT Support organisation, Alliance Solutions offers a full range of services starting from on demand ‘IT helpdesk’ services through to fully outsourced IT management and remote network and systems monitoring.
We have our own in-house software development team and we can deliver a range of software project services aimed at saving our clients time and money whilst also delivering the exact software features, functions and benefits they require.